Next SimHydro International Conference will be help in Sophia Antipolis from 11to to 13 June 2014. Following the past successful evnets in 2012 and 2010, the conference will be focused on the European audience, will aim at high value of presented papers while limiting number of themes and will be held jointly with a conference on "Operational modelling of great transitory flows" promoted by le Hydrotechnic Society of France (SHF).
The follwoing themes have been defined for SimHydro 2014:
- Theme 1: Modelling of rapid transitory flows (dam and dyke breaking waves, storm waves, tsunamis, flash floods)
- Theme 2: Uncertainty in simulation, uncertainty of results of models
- Theme 3: Simulation & modelling of 3D near field phenomena in free surface flows (rivers, lakes and coastal areas)
- Theme 4: Simulation & modelling of multiphase flows: cavitation, bubbly flows, flows with particules ...
- 30/04/2013 - Abstracts submission is now open! Please book already the dates!
Modeling in fluid mechanics, hydraulics, and hydrology, whether using digital tools or using scale models, has reached sufficient maturity to be in daily use by engineers for analysis and for communication. Increasingly complex cases can be handled thanks to ever more sophisticated tools and increasingly abundant computing power. The emerging environment populated with new generation of sensors, using cloud computing resources, is challenging the current practices of modelling and request innovation in methodology and concepts for a real integration into the decision-makings processes.
With respect to these issues, a number of questions remain open: coupling of models, data acquisition & management, uncertainties, use of 3D CFD, models for complex phenomena and for large scale problems ... All those points will be addressed and discussed during SimHydro 2014.
- Abstract submission: October 25th 2013
- Wish to take part in round-tables: January 30th 2014
- Notification of acceptance: November 29th 2013
- Full paper submission: February 28th 2014
The SimHydro 2014 conference is jointly organized by the Société Hydrotechnique de France (SHF), the University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis (UNSa), the International Association for Hydraulic Research (AIHR) and the Association Française de Mécanique (AFM). The conference will be at Polytech Nice Sophia (School of Engineering) in Sophia Antipolis technopark, nearly Nice and Cannes - France (French riviera).