Next SimHydro International Conference will be help in Sophia Antipolis from 11 to 13 June 2014. Following the past successful evnets in 2012 and 2010, the conference will be focused on the European audience, will aim at high value of presented papers while limiting number of themes and will be held jointly with a conference on "Operational modelling of fast hydraulic transients" promoted by the Hydrotechnic Society of France (SHF).
The follwoing themes have been defined for SimHydro 2014:
- Theme 1: Modelling of fast hydraulic transients (dam and dyke breaking waves, storm waves, tsunamis, flash floods)
- Theme 2: Uncertainty in simulation, uncertainty of results of models
- Theme 3: Simulation & modelling of 3D near field phenomena in free surface flows (rivers, lakes and coastal areas)
- Theme 4: Simulation & modelling of multiphase flows: cavitation, bubbly flows, flows with particules ...
- 07/04/2014 - Keynote lectures are updated!
- 17/11/2013 - Now available as ebook Advances in Hydroinformatics - SIMHYDRO 2012 – New Frontiers of Simulation - Available on Spinger website (clic here!).
- 04/11/2013 - DHI will organize a free workshop on 13th of June on Mike Flood and Dam breaks - Please register on the workshop page!
- 04/11/2013 - DHI is official sponsor of SimHydro 2014
- 25/10/2013 - New daedline for Abstracts submission: 25 November 2013!
- 21/09/2013 - Just published! Advances in Hydroinformatics - SIMHYDRO 2012 – New Frontiers of Simulation - Available on Spinger website (clic here!).
- 21/09/2013 - SimHydro 2014 obtained co-sponsorship from ASCE - EWRI
- 30/04/2013 - Abstracts submission is now open! Please book already the dates!
Modeling in fluid mechanics, hydraulics, and hydrology, whether using digital tools or using scale models, has reached sufficient maturity to be in daily use by engineers for analysis and for communication. Increasingly complex cases can be handled thanks to ever more sophisticated tools and increasingly abundant computing power. The emerging environment populated with new generation of sensors, using cloud computing resources, is challenging the current practices of modelling and request innovation in methodology and concepts for a real integration into the decision-makings processes.
With respect to these issues, a number of questions remain open: coupling of models, data acquisition & management, uncertainties, use of 3D CFD, models for complex phenomena and for large scale problems ... All those points will be addressed and discussed during SimHydro 2014.
- Abstract submission: November 25th 2013
- Wish to take part in round-tables: January 30th 2014
- Notification of acceptance: November 29th 2013
- Full paper submission: February 28th 2014
The book is a collection of extended papers which have been selected for presentation during the SIMHYDRO 2012 conference held in Sophia Antipolis in September 2012. The papers present the state of the art numerical simulation in domains such as (1) New trends in modelling for marine, river & urban hydraulics; (2) Stakeholders & practitioners of simulation; (3) 3D CFD & applications.
All papers have been peer reviewed and by scientific committee members with report about quality, content and originality.
The book is available in hard copy format and as ebook on Spinger website: http://www.springer.com/engineering/civil+engineering/book/978-981-4451-41-3
The SimHydro 2014 conference is jointly organized by the Société Hydrotechnique de France (SHF), the University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis (UNSa), the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR) and the Association Française de Mécanique (AFM). The conference is co-sponsored by the Environmental & Water resources institute of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE-EWRI).